Saturday, April 21, 2018

Feline Friday


I got all of my entries for the upcoming quilt show done, labeled, numbered, and bagged for pick up.  So I dumped some scraps to play with more of the Debbie Mumm Sampler blocks.  BUT, my helper decided this was a good spot to take some personal time.


So I moved to the corner to do some sorting and cutting.  That bag of scraps is working down.


Then himself thought this was a good place to hold things down.  It's very hard to cut small pieces when a big cat is laying on them.


So I resorted to my barrel system as I needed nine 4-patch blocks and this was easier than trying to work around a cat.  I need 11 of the sawtooth stars though and managed one before he settled in.


So I changed gears and put the rows for the Sail-Away quilt that is a commission piece.  I don't have a thing for the back, so will run out early tomorrow and pick up a double fleece for this as I want it quilted and ready for mail out on Monday.  She. also, ordered two of my quilts from the shop so three quilts will go out on Monday.

I picked up a commission for a small cross stitch piece, too.  So I need to pull my books for border designs and my folder of 'fonts' .  I have a rough  draft from discussion with the client so I know what direction I am headed.  I hope for a 3 week (or less) turn around on this so there won't be a lot of sewing while this happens.

We had some sunshine and warmer weather, which was much appreciated with a couple of walks around the property.  I was beginning to feel like a slug!

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon 

9 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

You have such great helpers. Your Sail Away commission piece is going to be beautiful. I love it.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

hahaha cats are the best helpers (or should I say hinderers).

Nancy J said...

Fine weather must be a huge up-lifter of body and soul, and feline helpers, the best.

sewyouquilt2 said...

My kitties help too.they like to rearrange my projects just for fun. Glad you are having warmer weather.

Barbara said...

You have to admire his work ethic.

gayle said...

Whatever would we do without all that help?
We've had two days in a row in the 60's, so I'm pretty sure it's going to snow tomorrow...

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love the sail away quilt.

Kate said...

Your little helper does a good job of keeping you moving from priority to priority. Sail-Away is so very crisp looking, love it!

cocoya said...

hahaha cats are the best helpers (or should I say hinderers).


กำถั่ว