Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Scrappy Wednesday


I finished up the strip piecing to help tame that tote (not really, but a dent) and got thirty  on the 6.5" x 9.5" papers.  To use up the few left overs on the table from those I cut a couple of pages to 6.5" square and made the diagonals, because you never know.


The next temperature hexie is certainly feeling blue!  Why not - three super snow storms in two weeks - geesh!!

34 - 32 - 33 -31 - 28 - 29 - 28


The new diamond hexie project is being worked on as well.  Not scraps, but a Jelly Roll and I loved SARAH's comment on keeping the cheddar on all of the outsides.  BUT. there are only six strips of the cheddar (I feel cheated) in the JR - called Indigo's and Cheddar.  Guess I will have to do some fabric shopping as this one progresses.  I do love the old prints of cheddar, so some FQ pick me ups will be a good thing.


Since there will be more snow today, I will finish up the few snowball blocks for the Temecula Quilt Co QAL.  Then I'll do a little bit of a lay-out, but  this is scrappy enough that I can just grab and sew as they are piled.  Time to get this one done.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh, I’m so sorry about your snow. If it’s any consolation, it’s raining again in California. I’m certain we brought the wet weather with us.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You have some really great scraps.

Vireya said...

Your temperatures were very consistent for the week. Very cold though!

gayle said...

I was certainly glad I did my grocery run yesterday instead of waiting til today, which was the original plan. Snow snow snow all day long. Is it spring yet?
I hope you enjoyed your sewing day! And that you didn't have to go out in this stuff...


sewyouquilt2 said...

Are you getting snow tues again like us? Grrr.... love your strings will be watching.....

sewyouquilt2 said...

Are you getting snow tues again like us ? Love your strings .....will be watching

Kate said...

You've been busy! Lots of scrap processing and sewing the last week. I was in NJ for the last week's midweek storm and got stuck at the airport. It's been a long time since I've seen snow come down that fast! Stay warm and dry. Happy stitching during storm number 3.