Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Scrappy Wednesday


The next week's hexie rosette for the temperature quilt.  We bounced a little bit in temps and the black with dots represents the eclipse (used the same for the other eclipse).  I have a 'temperature' chart that I use for a scale with the temps, but it's what I pull from my scrap barrel.  So if there is a 20 it is not always the same bit of scrap, but in that color range.

42 - 16 - 20 - 30 - eclipse - 15 - 24


I need to get the last two rosettes stitched to their background and add to the row.  As you can see, we've had a very interesting array of temperatures so far this winter.


We are in the midst of the 'epic' snow storm and I think every school in NY State is closed.  A good day to get the borders on this challenge with what's left of those ME scraps.


Please visit today's participants:




Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Great fabric for you eclipse hexies!! The B&W HSTs add great contrast to your ME quilt. Hmm...I think you need some more abbreviations. LOL!

gayle said...

I just had the dog out and can report that our snow is now beagle-belly deep.
You really do have a lot more variation in your temp hexies than we could have expected, eh?
And I love that triangles quilt! Are those Birds in Air blocks?

tink's mom said...

Those temperature changes are wonderful in fabric, if not so in real life. Watching the news and things look really white up by you. Stay warm and stay safe.

Kris said...

Oh, Sharon, your temperature quilt is so fun!!! Keep warm!!

KatieQ said...

It was bad here yesterday too. The branches glistened with the ice coating. Beautiful, but treacherous.
I love how the ME quilt is turning out. The Birds in the Air blocks were a perfect choice.

Vireya said...

You are having an interesting winter, weather-wise. It's quite a comparison as mine was almost the same temperature every day for three months. You get a lot more variation.