Friday, December 22, 2017

Whooping Feline Friday


With our cold weather that is bringing us rain, sleet, and snow over the next few days - well, Moe has the days planned.  Napping on his favorite plushy.  This cat sleeps so soundly that sometimes he scares me - is he dead?  I call him, shake him, half pick him up - gone.  We are happy that 'hump year' (Winter Solstice) has come and gone, which means more daylight every day.  


For my final project pull I opted for this colorful piece.  Gosh this goes back a way when SARAH  did a post about using scraps for a Trip Around the World quilt.  I have never done a TATW before (Bargellos, yes, which is kind of like a Trip) and liked the challenge.  I did mine different from hers, but then tucked it before finishing.


Ten more rows will do it, but I may see how many I can make with all the fabrics that are cut - use it up!  And NO borders for this one.  That makes me happy dance.

Linking up with Feline Friday and Whoop Whoop Friday - Sarah and Sarah - two instigators that I love for their creativity.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

9 comments:

Barbara said...

Your trip around the world looks great! I did a small block when I made my Amish quilt, but that's the only time. Never done a bargello.

Quilting Babcia said...

I love the warm colors of your trip around the world. I made a tiny trip quilt years ago for my daughter's doll bed, might have to try another one someday.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

That is a fabulous TAW!! Love your colors.

Susie said...

I love the colours and it just shows you, you don't always need to make a block to make a stunning quilt. I think Moe has the right idea and be snuggled out of all the bad weather. Have a lovely Christmas. Hugs, Susie xx

Nancy J said...

what a fab trip, love those shades, and cats, even in summer one of ours like a fluffy blanket to sleep on.

kiwikid said...

The quilt you are making looks amazing..wonderful colours. Cats always know the best warmist places to be!! Happy Christmas.

Christine M said...

Merry Christmas Sharon

gayle said...

Beautiful trippy quilt!
I made one as a baby quilt a zillion years ago or so - seeing yours makes me think I should make another. I've also got Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Trips on my to-do list. Trips ahoy!

Kate said...

I'm with Mo, cuddled up with a nice plushly and nap when it is so cold. The Trip Around the World project looks great. Seems like you are cleaning up the old so you can start with some new fun stuff in 2018.