Saturday, August 26, 2017

RSC17 - Neutrals



This month's 'color' for RSC was neutrals.  Our quilt guild's Summer Challenge and Charity project is library totes.  I had just enough of this cute Kitty neutral for two fronts and handles (add a strip in the back).  I pulled apart a solid jelly roll to match up some of the color in the cats.  And a neutral lining with 'fur' spots to round them both out.  

I have a few more cut out and prepped - using up my brights and slimming down some other kitty stash.  My weekend project mixed with some housework projects.



No piggies this month.  I want bright and fun little oinkers, so my neutral is the piggy (pen) barn.  I know some of you wondered what block I would put on the barn - simple and a bit colorful - to match the piggies.  Plus, they were scraps laying on the side table waiting to either be put away or used - I used.

My heart, soul, prayers are with those in the wrath of Harvey.
Sharon

9 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice to see that you made good use of some of your NEUTRALS in those PURRfect library totes!!

Kate said...

Very cute totes! Love the barn. So it goes in the same quilt with the piggies?

Sheila said...

CUTE Library Totes! A good idea for a guild challenge.
Love the barn block.

Sarah said...

Love the library totes. You know I'm a sucker for the cat fabric but i really like the striped backside to use up more of the focus fabric. The kiddos will love them!

Dana Gaffney said...

The totes are wonderful and such a great idea to use up that fabric, I may need to borrow that idea for some of the dog fabric I have. The barn will look so good with those bright piggies :)

Barbara said...

Great totes! What a great idea for a challenge. I love your barn quilt block. Too cute.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great totes and of course I love your barn.

sewyouquilt2 said...

your totes look great and that is a fab way of using up stash. do you use batting in them or that bosal foam stuff?

tink's mom said...

The purrfect tote. Great look all the way around. The barn block is great too.