Saturday, July 8, 2017

Piggy Bank Savings

Click the picture to read more!

I've been participating in VAL'S piggy bank challenge since I discovered her blog.  It is time to report how we've done for the year.


I use one of my large snack barrels with a pretty cover which was put on to hide how low or high the monies were.  One of my purchases was this Black & Decker "Classic" reproduction of the classic iron - love it!


There was a little fabric purchasing a little while ago as well as a few months back I did some Extra Wide backing shopping on a great sale.


And some of it went into the 'pot' to purchase my long arm.  Sadly this hasn't been set up YET as I am still waiting for some heavy furniture removal.  The frame is up and ready, but I need to move and set it up on the side of the room where the furnishing is.  I'm not putting the machine on the frame until it is set and leveled - permanently in place. 


And I always roll over what is left into the next year's challenge which you can sign up for on July 13th over at Val's Quilting Studio.    Go see how some of the others did with their Piggy Bank Challenge.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

10 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

OMGosh!!! A long arm. A little jealous over here in Texas...grin.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh great purchases with your saved change.

Kate said...

You did really well on finding worthy causes for your savings!

Joanna said...

Just saving enough for the iron is pretty impressive.

Kris said...

Went over to Val's blog to check things out! What a fun challenge!! And I LOVE your classic iron!!

Lyndsey said...

Love the classic iron and the fabric purchases.With some going into the pot for your long arm that was a great saving year. Hope you get the long arm set up how you want it in the near future.

Debbie said...

Can't wait to see how you get on with the long arm...but you will be able to put it to good use. Love the iron.....haven't seen that and do tell us about how you like it or not.

Dana Gaffney said...

You did good, I love that you get to treat yourself for good saving behavior :). Love the iron!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

True joy is a new iron!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Congrats on your wonderful savings this year Sharon! I'm so happy you FINALLY got that long-arm you've be so patiently waiting for! Extra wide backing...on sale is ALWAYS a deal. Thanks for always being a part of the challenge. :)V