Sunday, July 23, 2017

A Fine Heritage Day



This is the DAR building and front lawn were I was this weekend.  You can read the history of this lovely place HERE.


We couldn't have asked for a nicer day on the lawn.  It had gotten a little cooler and there was a bit of breeze most of the day.  The Old Oaks and Maples gave us plenty of shade, too.  My little nook amongst the other vendors outside.  I worked on a Hexie project all day.


A good vending friend that I just adore her set up with all the old suitcases.  A lot of lovely sachets with her own dried flowers and herbs, lovely things made with toile, linens, and silks.  And it never fails that we don't buy something from each other (or make a trade).


We have a few different local sheep and wool groups in our area and they were represented here at a few booths.


People could try the drop spindle or one of the sit down (didn't get that part of the tent).  Different pelts on display/sale and represented products of dye processing.


Weavers with different looms which I didn't get to see as they worked later in the day.


Ye Old blacksmith hard at work on a hot day.  I have a few of Brian's pieces.


And I could kick myself as forget his wife's name all the time.  Manning the items table an dorder books.  She loved helping the kids try to find the hidden hearts.  All the vendors were great with the hearts that were hung around the area - making sure that everyone found a home.

  
I would jump every time some one tryed one of the duck calls.  This man was truely a supior artist in his work.


I so wanted to bring this hansome fella home with me, but I was afraid my furkids would think I was bringing home new 'bait'.


The tin smith had sme wonderful pieces, I do have a couple of his work.


I wanted this guy, but by the time I got back to do some shopping of course - he was gone. 


Some of the wonderful paintings done by the same man who did the painting of our farm - the header on my blog.  He's done a number of the old buildings, homes, and farms thru out the Valley.

You can see a lot more (and better) photos of the event here:



I'm rested up, but still have to put things away.  Maybe I'll get to sew later in the day.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon 

10 comments:

Dana Gaffney said...

I'm glad the weather behaved for you, it looks like a wonderful way to spend the day. That blue heron would have come home with me :)

Debbie said...

What a wonderful day and setting to enjoy. Glad the weather was good, but sorry you missed the shopping picks. I enjoyed reading the history.

gayle said...

That pig is fabulous! So sorry you missed it.
It looks like that was the fun place to be - lots to look at and learn about!

Material Girl said...

Looks like a great,fun day. Sorry I missed it.

Barbara said...

What a fun day. I would have loved that. The paintings remind me of the work of Grandma Moses. Love the idea of the old suitcases. Seems like you could just pack things up year after year and then open the suitcases and be done!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Looks like it was a fun time. Most of the craft fairs around here are commercial vendors, not crafters.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Enjoyed Heritage Day. Thanks for the tour.

Sarah Craig said...

Oh, I would have had a hard time leaving that heron too! What a beauty!!

Quilter Kathy said...

I just love events like this... so fun to participate!

Needled Mom said...

It looks like a spectacular event. That heron is a stunning piece.