Saturday, January 23, 2016

Scrappy Blues


Remember this baggie of gifted scraps?  That little bit of blue was sorted and the smaller pieces were cut into 2" squares.  The rest will go into this project, too.


Then I pulled my 2" barrel and found some more blue squares to add to the mix.


For some reason I had stuffed a 'herd' of yellow squares in the bag of lites.  I keep my lite squares by size in baggies that are then put into one of my barrels.


And the chain piecing began!!!  Cute little 9-patch blocks getting ready for the Hands2Help Challenge (see side buttons).


Then I pulled the two large totes - one with off whites and lite prints - the other with all the white on whites.


I have the center 'sashings' made and will add them after my break (gotta get something to eat and feed the furkids).  Then there will be a scrappy border.  You heard it right, a border.  I want to use up those blues and some more of those whites.

I think I should call this one 'Jonas' as it all is coming together during this storm.  Thankfully, so far Jonas has not reached us - but we still have tomorrow.

** linking up with RSC16 and Oh, Scrap **

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

24 comments:

KaHolly said...

It's coming along beautifully! Someone somewhere will be delighted to snuggle under this little labor of love! XO

The Joyful Quilter said...

Here's hoping you evaded the storm! A quilt called Jonas? Sunshine in the Storm might be a better choice for this sweet quilt. Good luck with the finishing!

Dasha said...

Lovely scrappy sewing as usual. Hope Jonas doesn't affect you very badly. We've been seeing the snow on our TV news broadcasts, amid our 38-40C. Hard to imagine snow when you are melting. LOL

Kathy's A Quilter said...

you really are quilting up a storm! Hope you can stay in and stay warm.

gayle said...

The storm dodged us - hopefully it missed you, too.
Nine patches always make me happy - yours are especially cute!

sewyouquilt2 said...

lovin your Jonas quilt. so cute hope you dont get a ton of snow. it is still blowing here so not sure how much we will end up with.
I almost finished my deer quilt.

Sarah Craig said...

Oh, that's so pretty, Sharon!! Hope the storm passes you by...

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Hoping the worst of the storm misses you.

creations.1 said...

Yellow with blue is always a beautiful colour combination - you just cannot go wrong with it. Plus a little bit of yellow always pulls any combination of colours together - love it!

Teresa in Music City said...

What a great quilt Sharon!!! Nothing beats blue and white - and the yellow gives it such a happy look :*) Once again, you are the Squap Queen!!!

Needled Mom said...

Blue and yellows are such a great color combination.

Sarah said...

Jonas is the perfect name, given the weather. Very little snow here in WNY today. I just walked home from a rescue call at 11:30pm and the moon is sparkling on the new, icy snow. It was fantastic! I hope your Sunday weather continues to be nice!!!

Sheila said...

Great idea for the "Nines" challenge. You can't go wrong with blue, yellow and white blocks.

margaret said...

this is looking so good, the yellow really adds to it, a scrappy border will work so well too, I had a sort out of my scraps yesterday too but do not have many ad only small amounts of each so still pondering what to do as my next project

scraphappy said...

Lovely yellow centers. So happy that you found more blue to play with.

Debbie said...

Jonas is going to be a reall beauty! Love the bright yellow.
The storm hype here was a bust....1/4'' of ice and light snow. Hope it is not bad for you.

barbara woods said...

great quilt , i use baggies to for all my cut up scraps

Kate said...

Those came together quickly. Love the yellow centers. The colors remind me of Spring. Hope you avoid the worst of Jonas!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

That touch of yellow was a perfect addition. I love how this one is turning out. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Sally Trude said...

What a delightful combination and you make it seem as easy as pulling some scraps out of a bag!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love the yellow with the blue!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great name for the quilt -- and great use of scraps.

Nann said...

I like the color combination. And by coincidence, my design wall project features 9-patches made from 2" squares, too.

Cheryll said...

Great work Sharon...xox