Monday, January 18, 2016

Monday Making 1/19/16



Monday I caught up on the Moda Shuffle Sampler blocks (button on side bar).  I still haven't thought of how I want to set these yet. - better hurry up as this one is coming to a close in a few weeks.


I started on the second half of my Dottie blocks for my Let's Book It project.  This is a free JR pattern on the Moda Bake Shop site.  Strip sets sewn and then sub-cuts made.  These are next to the machine to just chain the block units now.  I'm hoping to have this at the flimsy stage by this weekend.

Today is the chaining of those blocks while I help my SIL lay out a setting for her newest quilt - she finished up all the blocks Monday.  I am finally getting her to dive into her left overs and scraps to clear some things out.  She has a gorgeous new JR that she is dieing to play with and I won't let her until this one is done.

There are a lot of NEW buttons on the side bar that might interest you.
Hands2Help is starting up and I hope you participate in another year.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

13 comments:

Dana Gaffney said...

Good for you turning your SIL into a scrap quilter, just keep an eye on your scraps when she sees how great they turn out :)

Karen said...

Your shuffle blocks are lovely. Very rich looking fabrics. I am ready for H2H to start.

Barbara said...

Love all your blocks. You got a lot done.

Needled Mom said...

Your Shuffle blocks are just wonderful. I love the colors.

Sarah said...

Ohhhh, you're a mean SIL to not let her play with the new JR. LOL. Love the shuffle blocks!

Marla's Crafts said...

A friend of mine wanted to do a sampler. We get together on tuesday and make three each time. We now have six. When I first started quilting years ago I always made samplers. You never get bored by doing the same block over and over. They alays lOok so nice. .

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon i love your blocks and lol,poor SIL ,looks like she is enjoying sewing,hope you have a wonderful day my friend xx

Teresa Rawson said...

Love your Moda Shuffle blocks, especially the bottom right. I love sampler quilts...I need to follow your lead and just break them down into manageable chunks...

Sheila said...

Great blocks for the moda shuffle , I have saved the block instructions for a possible future project .

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Love the green and purple block on the top right. That color combination is so pretty.

Sheila said...

Love all those new buttons on the side of your blog. Can't believe it's almost time for Hands 2 Help 2016!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love your sampler blocks.

Kate said...

Your sampler blocks turned out beautifully. I'm looking forward to seeing how far along your Let's Book It project is next week.